I’m sure you’ve heard that video marketing is the future, and you’ve heard correctly. Whether you’re a mom-and-pop shop or a monster company, you need video to be a part of your marketing strategy. We already know Google is the largest search engine, but YouTube follows behind as second. That’s huge! People rely on videos as a source of information, and that crosses over with people looking for information about your business and others like it.
There are countless reasons as to why video marketing belongs in your plan. Below you’ll find five reasons as to why you need to start creating video content for your business:
1. Higher Engagement
- Visuals are so important when you’re trying to keep someone’s attention, especially on the internet. In comparison to a normal text-based post, people are 10 times more likely to like, share, and comment on a post if it involves a video.
2. Perfect for Social Media
- How many times are you on Facebook and suddenly you find yourself watching a random video? Half of the time, you don’t even know where the video came from.
3. Helps Your SEO
- You always want to make sure that your website is placing well to improve your SEO. According to MarTech, an optimized video increases the chance of your brand being on the front page of Google by 53 times. By naming your video with important keywords and transcribing your video content, you’ll be golden.
4. Helps Bounce Rates
- Years ago, when someone went to visit your website, they would click away quickly do the lack of content on a site. Not many people have time to sit and read everything on a homepage. By including a video, it’s an easy way to give the information and keep people on the site, therefore decreasing bounce rates.
5. Sales Impact
- According to MarTech, videos on retail sites kept visitors an average of 2 minutes longer and converted 30% more and increased the average ticket sale by 13%. Another fact is that 85% of customers are more likely to make a purchase after watching a product video.
So, what’s the next step? Actually making the move to create videos for your business. Whether you want a commercial, a testimonial, or a business review video, make sure you take the opportunity to create video content as soon as possible!
Sources: VidYard and MarTech